MK Diamond 159943 MK-370K 1-1/4-Horsepower 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw with 160131 Stand

From the Manufacturer

A durable saw that combines the simplicity of design and professional engineering, this tile saw from MK is perfect for the do-it-yourselfer or the discriminating craftsman. A chrome guide bar and linear bearing assembly ensures precise alignment during cutting operations with a hinged blade guard for easy blade changes and maintenance inspections. The removable thermoplastic water reservoir will not rust or bend out of shape, and the fully submersible thermally protected water pump is capable of delivering 95 gallons of water per hour. Compact and lightweight with carrying handles for easy transportation, the 370EXP also features a rugged maintenance-free self-lubricating pinion and gearbox assembly, and a single-piece zinc-plated steel frame.

Technical Details

  • 7-inch portable wet tile saw; 18-inch rip, 13-inch diagonal, 2-inch depth of cut
  • 1-1/4-horsepower engine for high torque (5500 rpm) and power
  • High-impact thermoplastic water reservoir will not rust or peel; chrome guide bar; zinc-plated steel frame
  • Includes saw, blade, submersible water pump, adjustable rip guide & Model no. 160131 Stand
  • 27-pounds; 1-year warranty
What People Are Saying About this Tile Saw:

Nice wet saw for your DIYers
I purchased this saw to lay ceramic tile on the kitchen floor and backsplash. I also used it to cut marble for two bathroom floors and showers. The blade that came with the saw worked for the kitchen floor only. After that, I bought a high quality DeWalt blade. Talk about a difference. Anyway, the saw works really well. My biggest complaint would be the water pump. Really cheap...but it does do the job. I ended up using a five gallon bucket of clean unused water that was siphoned out by the water pump to cut. This way, the pump never clogged with dirty water.

If you're working on a large job or several small jobs where renting a wet saw doesn't make sense, I would suggest this saw...but be aware that you will need to replace the blade quite quickly...so get a high quality blade...it will make a world of a difference. And be sure to use clean water out of a separate bucket...that way your pump won't clog.


End Product: A Beautiful Floor
I needed a wet saw, and have other projects coming up soon that warrant having my own saw, rather than renting one. On the verge of installing my first marble floor, I read with concern some of the reviews for this product. I noted what was available from the likes of Home Depot, e.g., their own brand, and opted for the MK "name" brand. In the overall, I was happy with this purchase. Not ecstatic, mind you, but happy.
The saw is noisy, and ear protection is essential. It is well packed and was received in great shape. The optional stand and cutting kit (a freebie online) were most helpful. The saw was able to cut 12" marble on a diagonal, in nice, neat cuts with the provided Hot Dog blade. I had a problem, however, if I had to cut, say, 2" off the center line of a diagonal tile. Perhaps it was the way I had the saw set up, but I was forced to turn the tile over 2/3 of the way through the cut. Perhaps that is to be expected; not having much tile cutting experience, I wouldn't know. I managed just fine, however, eyeballing the line of the cut to match up with it starting from the other end. One review stated the saw did not make straight cuts. I have to agree. I found it necessary to concentrate, as the cut line had a slight tendency to wander a bit... it might have been off by 1/16". I found the water pump to be a bit small, but it worked the first time, and for the duration of my cutting (a full day), providing an ample water supply until the last few cuts. An odd thing, pointed out in other reviews, is that the plastic water basin has no drain in it. It would have been easier to clean and replace the circulating water during the cutting process if there were a drain hole in it, rather than tipping the entire saw to spill out the dirty water.
The end result was that the saw did for me what I hoped it would: enable me to lay down a marble floor that looks great, imho, and one which included some rather difficult cuts. Would another saw have done it better? Maybe. In this price range? Maybe not. I look forward to my next tile job with it.

Great for novices.
I'm not exactly what you would consider "handy," but my wife and I decided to tile our master bath anyway. We tried renting a wet saw, but found that put too much pressure on us to get the job done quickly--not a possibility with my skill level. The MK-370 was a perfect choice for purchasing. It was easy to use and cut through our porcelain ceramic tile like butter. And owning this saw allowed us to work at our own comfortable pace. To our surprise, our project turned out better than expected and I can say that this saw was a major reason why.   

No comments: