MK Diamond 158252 MK-145 1/2-Horsepower 4-1/2-Inch Wet Tile Saw

From the Manufacturer

The MK-145 4-1/2-inch wet tile saw cuts ceramic tile like a champ with a 155-volt 4 amp direct drive 1/2-horsepower motor. This lightweight 11-pound saw gives heavyweight performance with a 4-1/2-inch tile blade that cuts 45- and 22-degree miters.

Technical Details

  • Powerful 115-voly, 4-amp direct drive motor is rated at 1/2-horsepower
  • Capable of cutting 45-degree and 22-1/2-degree miters
  • Runs off of standard household current
  • Includes 4-1/2-inch tile blade
  • Lightweight at 11-pounds with a compact and versatile design
What People Are Saying About This Tile Saw:

Great for the do it yourselfer
Easy to use, strong enough for cutting thicker tile. Not contractor par but for in home projects it suffices more than you'd expect.

piece of junk
I have use this saw only 3 times now, and I dont even want to look at it again. what can i say it was a complete waste of money.
heres why: the entire thing is made of cheap plastic, its extremely difficult to get the guide straight (when you move it on one side you have to move it again on the other side- it doesnt just slide together). The guide is to tight that after a few times adjusting it, it cracked. oh did i mention that you must wear a rain coat when using this saw!
do your self a favor, spend some money and get something worth it weight in plastic. like I always say: you get what you pay for. dont be fooled by the MK name

Great wet tile saw for small jobs
I would recommend this saw for anyone doing small jobs, or even larger jobs if time is not a factor. I used this saw to cut 18" tile and most cuts were without the guide in place. I had to make 2 cuts going into a doorway that were 4" inch rips, with 3/4" inch legs of 3" on the left and right sides of the door. This saw performs very well. I am not a tile setter, this was my second time doing tile at home. I'm sure that I would have spent more money to rent a saw than what I paid for this one and I hope that my wife doesn't see this review and get any more ideas!

Good value; good performance
I bought this tile saw to use for several DIY projects. I ended up making about 40 cuts in 12x12 porcelain tiles, and the saw worked very well. It has a decent design, although the all-plastic construction is off-putting at first. The saw worked great, however, and I couldn't be happier with it, especially considering its price. Yes, it's messy to use (although I discovered, duh, that if you put the blade guard down all the way it will spray hardly any water on your pants). The water needs to be replenished about every two to three cuts on a 12x12. The fence works fine, especially for repetitive cuts like mine were. I filed down some of the plastic on the ends of the fence, and that made it easier to move around, especially when there was lots of debris on the saw. The blade held up just fine (I bought an extra but didn't need to use it.). This is a very good choice if you are not a professional tile-setter and just need an inexpensive saw for DIY projects. I'm looking forward to using it again. Overall, seems reliable, cuts well and accurately, inexpensive, and durable. Would buy it again in a minute.

Perfect for the DIY
I found the plastic fence was a bit difficult to move and adjust due to the tile debris. Other than that it was awesome. I even cut and beveled my own corner shelves out of 12 inch tiles. You can do curved cuts, 45's and bevel edges with some practice. I was also able to cut 18 inch floor tiles with it. I pretty much wore out the blade on my bathroom project. It was certainly cheaper than renting a big wet saw and I can easily store it until I find another tile project in the future.

great little saw
This little saw works great. Power is great. Stability is good. The rail is a little flimsy and can be sticky to move around, but other than that it performs well. Cleanability and water-tightness is very good. The only thing is that 4 1/2" blades are not readily available (at least not at my Home Depot). But the 4" blades work okay. Thanks for a great product!

Brittle plastic parts won't last
While this is a functional basic wet-saw, it has a number of drawbacks:
1. The fence is poorly designed and manufactured - the tabs broke off in the first week of use. Cheap Chinese crap plastic and poor industrial design.
2. The blade will only cut "soft" clay tile - don't even try to cut porcelain.
3. Limited to cuts under 8" because of the way the fence is attached.
4. Hard to find this size of replacement blade,

Next time I would pay more and buy a 7" wet saw with the motor and blade above a sliding table.        

No comments: