Tile Saw Blades and Accessories



DEWALT D24001 Tile Saw Stand

Like any good tool, sometimes it the accessories and upgrades that make the difference and a tile saw is no exception.  Below are some items you should use as upgrades or accessories you may want to add to your tile saw to make your tiling jobs go faster and smoother.



Technical Details

  • Folds for easy transport
  • Adjusts to four height positions for user customization
  • Robust all-metal construction provides durability
  • Lightweight body folds flat for easy transport and storage
  • Backed by a 3-year limited manufacturer warranty
What People Are Saying About This Tile Saw Stand

Love it
Love it. works great, cleans easy, great features, light weight can move it myself. i have used many "top of the line" saws, but this one is my favorite. 


Essential add-on
If you own the DeWalt D2400 tile saw, you will want this sturdy stand... unless you already have a place to put a wet, gritty, electrically powered tool that needs a sturdy reliable base.

Nice product
What can I say, if you can't ace a tile saw stand for one of your own tile saws, well, that's bad. This stand does exactly what it's supposed to but I can't rave about it because an 8 yr. old should have done a good job designing it. It works, if you have the D24000 saw then you'll want this.

DEWALT DW4762 10-Inch Wet Cutting Continuous Rim Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor for Porcelain or Tile

Technical Details

  • Extended performance diamond matrix provides long life and enhanced material cutting
  • Continuous rim design provides chip free cutting in all types of tile
  • XP2 and XP4 blades designed specifically for high power tile saws, allowing quick, free, low heat, and straight cutting
  • XP2 and XP3 blades with laser cut expansion slots eliminate blade warping due to heat build-up
  • Premium XP2 and XP4 cutting matrix means XP2 gives 2 x's the life of standard blades, XP4 gives 4x's the life of standard blades
What People Are Saying About This Saw Blade

Cuts through like bread, not butter
I have a 'cheap' (off-name) but powerful wet saw. The blade it came with was ok, but left some chipping. The new Dewalt blade has helped immensely. I've cut 12x12 3/8" granite tile in diagonals and 6x6 1/4" tiles with ease. There is still a small bit of chipping, but much less and less frequently; nothing that is unusable. Overall, I'm really pleased with the blade.


No Chip, Smooth, Clean Cut, Good Life
I purchased this blade for cutting 20" x 20" porcelain floor tiles. It cuts great with little chip out when new. Chip out became a problem after about 200 linear inches of use. This blade had cut about 400 inches (20 tiles) of porcelain before wearing out. This is a decent blade for the money. Overall this is a great blade. If your cutting anything other than porcelain I expect this blade would be all you need for a while.

Dewalt 10 inch Porcelain Blade Works Great
I have an inexpensive Wet Saw which I am using for cutting 20x20 Porcelain tiles with square edges, that is, no bevel. I wanted clean cuts, with no chipping, so I could use as much of each tile as possible. According to Dewalt, the DW4762 blade is designed specifically for porcelain so I decided to try it to get the clean cuts that I needed.

At first, the saw was not adjusted properly, and the trailing side of the blade was rubbing on one side of the kerf. This caused massive chipping on the tile surface. However, once I adjusted the saw to cut straight and the trailing saw edge did not rub either side of the kerf, the blade made very clean cuts. Both sides of the kerf are very straight with no chipping on the edges. In fact, unless inspected closely, it would be hard to tell which edges are original and which are cut edges.
I don't know how other blades would compare, if they would do the same quality job, but for what I needed, this worked very well.   

 

MK Diamond 158436 MK-225 Hot Dog 10-Inch Wet Cutting Continuous Rim Diamond Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor for Porcelain and Vitreous Tile

Technical Details

  • 10-inch 5/8-inch arbor hot dog diamond blade ideal for wet cutting of porcelain, vitreous and ceramic tile
  • Premium grade
  • Continuous thin rim diamond blade
  • 10-inch diameter; 5/8-inch arbor
  • Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty
What People Are Saying About This Saw Blade

Great Blade for Porcelain tile
I have a Felker FX-C blade that dulled using it too often on the harder porcelain tile. The thin kerf of this blade worked better than the Felker blade ever had, making quick easy cuts. Felker blade is great on ceramic tile, but i need to dress it now to get the diamonds back on the forward edge. I need to have an extra blade handy if time on the job does not allow me time to dress a blade.


Best blade i ever used
I have used a lot of different blades in 15 years of laying tile. This blade with out a doubt is the best. I mad very difficult cuts with it and they turned out perfect. clean edges. Someone said they had trouble cutting straight with it. Never had that problem and I install 50,000 sq ft a year or more. I alway mark my tiles though and cut them the proper way. This blade also lasts about twice as long as any other blade if not longer. It cuts faster and smoother. I just can't say enough good things about it. Love this blade. Buying another one right now for my new saw.

One Good Blade
Installing a thick porcelean tile floor. Destroyed a brand new high performance blade after cutting about 20 12 inch tiles. It would take 2-3 minutes to cut one tile. I could not find a porcelain wet saw blade at any of the retailers in my area. I ordered this blade and had it shipped overnight. Had it on the job by 11am the next day. Cut extremely dense porcelean tile like butter. Does not chip the tile I am cutting. Have not tried it on softer tile yet. Expensive but it will pay for itself in one job by saving time. 

MK Diamond 158434 MK-225 7-Inch Hot Dog Premium Thin-Rim Blade

Technical Details

  • Cuts porcelain, vitreous tile, granite and ceramic tile
  • Thin rim design and cooling slots keep blade running cool and true for precision cuts in very hard materials
  • 7 millimeter rim height for long diamond blade life
  • Not intended for use on metal, plastics, wood, or any other non-masonry materials
  • Measures 7-by-0.05-by-5/8-inches (diameter x width x arbor)
What People Are Saying About This Saw Blade:

Never cheap out on the blade! Great for DIYers
I put this blade on my Husky tile saw and it did great on 4x4 and 12x12 travertine. 350sqft of 4x4 and 250sqft of 12x12 and this blade is still going. This translates to 2 bathrooms (showers and floors) laundry area floors, and a kitchen backsplash. I'm a big believer in buying a mid-range saw and putting on high-end blades. This is a great blade for weekend project and then some!

MK Diamond Hot Dog 7inch
Nice blade, maybe a bit overkill for a DIY on a small job. Worth it if you've got > 500sqft to do. I used it for 500sqft of Porcelain tile and another 250sqft of travertine. The porcelain as expected it cut through like butter, but it did just as good of job on the travertine w/ no chipping.

It was installed in a Husky 7" Wet saw w/ stand (THD-950)

MK Diamond Hot-Dog Porcelain cutting blade
Excellent, Exceptional, Great, Terrific.
This blade is absolutely wonderful.

I destroyed 5 carbide and 1 diamond scroll saw blades trying to cut a 9 inch cicle divided between 2 porcelain tiles.
Having run out of scroll saw blades, I cut many slots in the tiles, at different angles until I removed enough
of the tile to fit where it was needed.
I also cut about 200 porcelain tiles. the blade is showing signs of getting dull, but still cutting well.

If you've worked with ceramic but not porcelain tiles, you REALLY NEED this blade.
I would buy these blades again in a heartbeat.

I need to find out if they also make wood cutting blades.



 

Rockler LED Work Light with Magnifying Head

Get close -up visibility anywhere you need it with this magnifying LED light! 18 LED bulbs surround a 5-inch diameter, 5x magnifying glass so you can see every last detail. With a powerful magnetic base, a clamping metal sub-base and a flexible arm, the lamp anchors down on power tools, workbenches and more, then bends and flexes its way into perfect position while staying out of your way. Great for intricate cuts, miniature work, or whenever the naked eye simply won’t cut it.  

What People Are Saying About This Work Light:

Customer Rating: Customer Review Rating: 5.0
This is the best such product on the market. The 5X lens is large enough to be able to look through it with both eyes, and the LEDS put out adequate illumination. The magnetic base is rock solid and the flex neck is long enough and stiff enough to make the system highly useable. In short, I love it. I find it indispensable for sharpening and examining edges on my cutting tools, but use it anytime I need to get a really good look at something in the workshop. If you are over 50, your eyes need this product. My only complaint is that I want more light-but I always do. The LEDs do put out enough light, I just like things brighter than most people. The LEDs put out the same amount of light on battery power as AC - unlike the competition.

Customer Rating: Customer Review Rating: 4.0
This is a great product especially for the price. I got both the magnifying and spot light head, I only wish the magnifying head had more light spread to the overall work area. The heads inter change quickly and easily. The magnetic base is extremely strong and does not move even under the vibration of my mill when cutting hardened steel. I will be purchasing another for one of my other work benches. Over all a great buy for anyone.

Customer Rating: Customer Review Rating: 4.0
The magnifying lens and LED lamps are just right. There is a "circle of darkness" at the center of the illumination area when the lens is very close to the work but it's not a serious problem. The neck is quite stiff and the magnifying lens stays where you position it with no "spring back." I mounted a steel angle plate to the side of my bench and use the magnetic base of the light. The magnet is very powerful and works great. I do wish that the neck was a little longer. As it is, it doesn't reach quite as far as I would like.

  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: